Name dropping to raise my street credibility? You never met Jack O'Connor and if you had I doubt you would write what you did! The Internet is laced with hastily thrown together remarks. I have seen more custom rifles than most have. I think my overall point is very clear. BACO quality was one shot you fired, not worth more than $500! I got that point!

I have quite a few Model 70s. I still own one I used from very many years ago, and I have owned about each stage of Model 70 rifle make. I also have seen Brownings, and generally they are very well done. I also have seen Miroku 94s and the best single 94 custom I ever saw was built there during the occupation of Japan. I have four Model 70s made during the last four years. The one I would part company with quickest would be the earliest Model 70. I have one from the Winchester Custom Shp which I was told was one of the last Custom Shop rifle was one of the last before Winchester closed their doors in New Haven.

Lastly since I have seen gun stock grading from many custom stockers, blank sellers, etc, I would point out that there is a big difference between a stock which has figure on the butt and not on the fore end etc, All this effects final price, new or used. Sometimes it even matters if the gun was owned by someone known in the rifle industry. Many of those rifles end up in Cody, the JOC Center, etc.