I dropped my bobcat off at Karen's today. Wow, what an exhibit of quality mounts! She had 4 or 5 bobcats, lynx, mountain lion, fox, coyote, rabbit, squrrel, racoon, black bear rug, elk, bison, numerous whitetail and mule deer, several turkey, ducks, you name it and it is probably there.

I seen the bobcat that won the national championship this year at it is amazing. It is not the one pictured in my previous post. It is a lifesize mount of a small bobcat (I assume about 3/4 grown). She is truly an artist.

She said my bobcat was probably the biggest ever brought to her but after measuring she said she had bought one slightly bigger from a trapper at a fur sale. She also thought the fur was in great shape and she was suprised there was little damage from fighting as she has seen on many males. Anyhow, due to the size only 3 forms were available that would fit without extensive modification (and two of these would require some modification). We narrowed it down to 2 and I finally asked her to use her best judgement on which would look better or fit better (she will measure the cat again once he thaws). Both my girls were with me and enjoyed visiting with Karen and she enjoyed their reaction to her work.

Appreciate everyones suggestions.

HogWild