Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Fenton, the XTR's most guys search out are the very early fwt's. The reason for this is because Winchester had their heads so far up their azzes after 1964 that it took them 16 years to get the fwt back on line. Most collectors look for the WRA rifles made before 1981 when the company switched hands to USRAC. The standard XTR's are nice rifles, but are not as collectable as the early fwt's (1980-1981). Most XTR's are beautiful rifles and this one is probably worth at least $550.00 (depending on wood grain and deepness of the bluing). Plus it has a $300.00 scope on it. You do the math my friend. Post some pics if you decide to buy it...

Too add to this very few featherweight xtr's were made under the WRA badge. What a lot folks fail to forget Olin corporation was stuck in a big labor dispute with workers at the new haven plant.. In 1980 Olin corporation came to the conclusion their was no money to be made making firearms and we're going to shut the plant down... The workers then formed USRACo and leased the name Winchester name and bought the plant in 1988 USRACo went bankrupt and that's when FN came in and bought them... Or something like that..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.