Just wanted to check back in to say thanks to you guys that responded. I did buy this rifle. Took it home and removed the action from the stock to clean it and have a look. Everything looks fine (factory) as though it was not used much. Bore was very dusty/dirty, but it cleaned up just fine. Not really wild about that dark stain Winchester puts in the checkered areas, I'd prefer they did not add the stain but can't change that.

Originally thought I'd keep the scope and sell the rifle. Shouldered the rifle some and really liked the way it fits me, very comfortable. Cycled the action many times and it is very slick, feels perfect. Dry fired it a few times and thought wow, this is exactly how you want a trigger to feel.

It's a little heavier than I like at 8lbs 13ozs, but we'll see, maybe that's okay with soaking up some recoil.
Still don't need it (have a M700 BDL .300 Win Mag for elk), but I bought a box of Federal Premium ammo loaded with 210 grain Partitions just to see what a .338 Win Mag feels like. I'll see how it shoots, then decide if I keep it or sell it. Guess I could hunt it for a while and still sell it later. Hard to pass-up good rifles in such great condition when they are priced a good bit lower than what I see them selling for on Gunbroker.

So thanks again for your quick responses,
Fenton