[Linked Image]

Top is a Colt Officers Model Match and the bottom a Colt Cobra. Both guns came to me in May when my father passed away. Dad was a LA County Marshal who retired in 87. The cobra was his off duty and in the early days of his career he carried the 6" until the department began issuing side arms. Dad was gifted the Model Match from my uncle, a former California Highway Patrol officer who was injured in a on duty motorcycle accident, when he graduated the academy.

Funny story. Dad was a very good shot. One day after coming back to the court house from his annual qualifying and after calling court into session, he brought in a particularly violent defendant. There was extra security in the court room because of this man. The judge in open court stopped session and asked dad how his qualifying had gone. Dad a very modest man said it went fine. Judge asked him if he had his qualifying target and to bring it up to the bench. Upon review, the judge held it up to the defendant commenting, "I suggest that you don't cause any trouble in my courtroom". The target scored 118 our of a possible 120. If I recall, 12 shots in 15 seconds with a reload.