Originally Posted by ejo

I'm getting tired of waiting for a 6 pound lefty and sick of spending 3k on custom builds that never seem to turn out the way I want.
Maybe it is time to go back to buying Browning rifles and call it a day.
Agreed, and the problem is that while there are a couple of options out there, for one reason or another they all suck.
Tikka, nothing wrong with them, same goes for Browning and Savage. The Tikka is light, stainless, but has a plastic-gun feel to it; and the others are too damn heavy for my tastes. If it ain't stainless, I have no use for it anymore. Done with blued guns. Rifles are used around here, not safe queens anymore.

For all of the minor annoyances with the Remington 700 series, nothing but that rifle and action feels 'just right' to my hands. Screw on a factory mountain barrel, add any lightweight stock--bed it, inlet the contour, and viola.
The tricky part is finding the stainless xcr or lss .473 lh action...
A build runs about $1000+/- for me these days with this recipe. Screw spending $3000 on any firearm, just not worth it.

Forbes Rifle should read a forum like this and see how badly they screwed the pooch. They had a chance to do something special, alas, opportunity squandered.