I "tookin" a LH Zastava that I bought, am having it rebarreled in 6.5x55. Started out as a plan for a 35 Whelen, or 9.3x62 but now travel to Africa with a firearm and returing without Gov't intervention is very risky apparently. Always wanted the Swedish, so that's the way it goes. I am going to restock it when the work is complete, or do something to lighten the heavy existing wood stock. There is a laminate available for it now anyway so that might be the route but still considering what might be done with a synthetic.

Anyway, while I was at the gunshop, found Mel Doyle is going to retire(Plummer ID). He had a RH Mauser that was pretty nice, 30-06 so I bought it.

Can't see much on spending 2-3 grand or more for a hunting rifle that I will bang around with. Makes no sense to me and having a safe full of queens is not my bag either--it would be a wasted thing for me if I didn't hunt with it. That said, I am thinking of a 7x57 from MRC would be the next thing I would like to do soon or change a ruger into one. David(Avery, ID)