Rugs: Before there was hunting and shooting, there was fishing... smile

During summer,when in doubt, rig the Senko. If the boy is antsy, rig it whacky with the light wire hooks that have some weight to them. Gamagatsu and Owner and others make them especially for this type rigging. I cast out, let it go to the bottom (sometimes 14 feet or so). Many hits will come on the drop. If not, I drag slowly until I feel it hang on grass. Then "POP",hard...a snap out of the grass. The braid has no stretch,making a direct connection,and the bass will react. Bites are subtle and the braid aids in detection.

People will say use a fluorocarbon leader with braid.In clear water,no cover, sure. In grass, I don't bother .

There are so many small baits today,and subtle presentations, to generate strikes,it's hard to even think of them all. Grubs, tubes, Senko's, small worms,Zoom Centipedes....all will get strikes. The secret is in the presentations and the "where".Bass location is #1...then presentation.

Moving baits and horizontal presentations to cover water;and then slow down with vertical stuff to catch more fish once you find them.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.