Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I was really wondering if there was any truth to those claims by Nosler or were they largely theoretical. Lots of folks will say things like stock design helps tame recoil such as with Melvins NULA's rifles and while I'm not doubting the word of someone like John Barsness who owns several of em, but I've not seen a lot of truth to such claims. For myself, if you take a 6 1/2 lb scoped rifle in a 30 cal. mag, like the 300 WM, it's going to kick the crap out of you. I shot a guys 300 WSM made by Jim Borden in one of his stocks and it was a beast from the bench. IIRC, it weighed right in the neighborhood of 7 lbs.

I know people muscle their way through the recoil of lightweight 300 magnums,but I built a 7.5# 300 Win Mag years ago and discovered it was a really bad idea.

Especially if you shoot it enough to be any good with it. No one can run fast enough to give me a 6.5# 300 Nosler.

so true, but this one has me looking at the legendary arms thing by basnser in this cal.

I had a lightweight 300 wby cut my eye open 20 years ago and still haven't recovered.