Back in the late 80's I bought a surplus, but almost new, Mark 4 to use as a toss around Rifle instead of beating up any of my other more valuable Rifles. I never used it for hunting and have only fired a couple hundred rounds through it for adjusting the sights and playing a little.

Last week I dug it out and decided to remove the full wood Military furniture and embed it into a synthetic sporter Stock. I got to tell you that from the first time I shouldered it I realized that it was now the most balanced, stable and steady Rifle to shoulder that I now own!

Since they make Hunting rounds for the 303, I would be very interested in what opinions you all would have concerning the mark 4 or the 303 round for hunting?

Edit for correct terminology: I should not have used the term "Embed" since these have a two piece Butt and Forestock configuration. I should have said I had to "Fit" a bolt on Sporter Stock Set. smile

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 01/24/16.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.