They're about as common as hockey sticks up here. I'm told back in the day many a hardware store would have a barrel of No. 4s and a barrel of jungle carbines the 4s were five bucks and the carbines 6 or 7. I've got a J C that was my gramdpa's and had a Parker Hale sporter for a bit.

The surplus rifles were made to put a lot of rounds down range in a hurry and reliably and accuracy took the back seat, if you can get 5 or 6 moa you're doing OK. The sporter I had though with a tighter chamber and 4 groove deeper rifling was much more accurate 1.5 to 2 moa. I used to see the Canadian Rangers at a range I belonged to they still use the No. 4s. They were pretty handy at swapping parts back and forth and tinkering and some of them could beat 5 or 6 moa but not by much and only a couple rifles out of a dozen would maybe make 3 or 4 moa. They are what they are cool old units and the actions super reliable and dependable. Good magazines too actually.

I wouldn't mind a Ruger no 1 one day. Other than that the cartridge doesn't lend itself to much other than the Lee Enfield action. Which, I've seen them customized to shoot other rimmed cartridges 45-70 fairly often. That would be kinda kewl too...