To me, the most important thing, having done a couple of moose solo, is time and weather. If you shoot one, better plan on a few days, 3 would be my minimum, after you pull the trigger. And thats if the weather is cool enough for the meat.

Then you can chug along at a pace that won't get you hurt etc...

My personal solo time to get one in game bags runs around4-5 hours. I"m a bit slow and a bit picky, but very safe, and tend to take breaks more than needed for my body and my safety.

I've been lucky to get both on a 6 wheeler so far. But to get in a pack and pack in, its the same time frame. Just how many trips, how long are teh trips, etc...

I can say I shot a bou once, and we split the load between 2 packs. Up before daylight, and took us a couple of hours plus, to get to the load and the most joyful/miserable day of my life with a load I could barely stand up under, and at teh end close to the air strip, I was going as far as I could between rests....and singing songs in my head, counting steps and so on... just plain out of fuel and didn't realize what the problem was. Back by 3-4 pm only to have my buddy and I drop packs and shoot his bull.. LOL

Multiply what would have been almost impossible to make 2 trips in one day, to 4 trips for 2 people....

My personal max is 1 mile or less, from an area that you can access... thats not in swamps or tundra heads....

Lets just say the last bull I shot, while not big, took all I had at 1am, to get the head with cape still attached, on top of the 6 wheeler pile of meat. And I had to drag the hinds in bags, sans hide, onto the 6 wheeler, I could not lift a hind more than 6 inches or so... Of course I'm not strong to start with and never have been, but more about using my head somewhat and just keep the body moving until its all finished. Slower but sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....