Any of you mex carry guys ever have the gun work its way upward when sitting down? Years ago I experienced that. Getting in and out of my truck, sitting down at a restaurant I've felt the gun come loose. Never had it fall out but I did have to reposition the gun and that draws attention.

If you ever had the need to pull the gun and then immediately needed your hands, it's pretty tough to quickly shove it back in the jeans - safely.

As Mackay mentioned, going hands on with an attacker is more than likely going to unseat your shooter from your waistband. Years ago while in uniform I had a serious scrap with a tough sumbitch that saw us tearing hell out of the interior of a crowded and unfriendly to me biker bar. We went to the ground and I gained an edge by climbing this big dudes back like a tree and applying a "vascular neck restraint." Frankly I was riding him down like a bucking horse as we rolled around back and forth and I suddenly realized my S&W M686 had fallen out of the thumb break holster and clattered onto the floor about a foot from this guys hands. I was in there by myself with him and about forty mostly drunk guys and gals who didn't have any love for LE. I had a M38 Airweight on my ankle but I would have to let go of my hold to get to it. I realized anyone in there could reach down there and grab my .357. It was a really bad feeling fellows. Loosing your shooter presents a whole bunch of new troubles.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.