Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I hunted deer a few times in the snow wearing fleece and the snow stuck to it. I looked like a snow man after about a half mile into the woods. I never had any wool , does the snow stick to it ?

It will accumulate on you in a heavy storm, and will stick a while if you knock it off branches, but you can dust it off. Normally it does not melt on if you just shake or dust it off. Pant leg bottoms, depending on the depth and how long you are out, and the wetness of the snow, may freeze the pant leg up to your mid shin. You might want either wool or fleece gaiters if that will bug you. They usually thaw and dry out overnight (in wall tent with stove). It is the part that covers the boot - at least for me - that does this, so it is not cold. It just clanks a little when you walk by the end of the day if it is cold enough. Snow does not stick to wool the same way it does to fleece.

If you have a lot on you when you get back to the truck or tent, just use a snow brush or broom to brush it off before you go into warmth, and you stay dry.