Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by RifleDude
Hey, Snyper... if your next door neighbor called your mother a whore, would you reward his behavior by buying life insurance from him?

Simple market forces at work. If one doesn't like the product being sold/promoted, one has the freedom not to buy said product. And, whether you admit it or not, there WAS a product being pitched. It's no different than voting for political candidates who best represent your values. In this case, the "ballot" is one's $.

Again, freedom is a 2-way street...or at least it should be.

I personally don't believe most boycotts work, but I'm still not going to knowingly support causes or companies whose products or message I find distasteful or I'm diametrically opposed to. I'm betting if you're being honest, you don't either.

But, this is such a basic, common sense concept that I suspect you're just trolling.

You're talking about apples and oranges since your scenario is personal while the Beyonce thing is not.

I probably wouldn't by from him, but I wouldn't try to deny it was only because I didn't like what he said.

This isn't about not liking the product.

It's about being racist hypocrites who want to "protest" because someone else "protested"

How can you say "freedom is a 2-way street" when you want to prevent someone else from talking?

Who cares what the big butt black girl said?
It doesn't affect me
\

Dumbass... I don't want to "prevent someone else from talking." I WANT them to talk. I ENCOURAGE them to talk. In so doing, I now know where they stand on issues I care about and have the ability to vote on what they "said." I just happen to believe that a sporting event is supposed to be fun and think it's an inappropriate venue and in poor taste to use it as a platform to push a controversial political agenda -- even if the message was something I support. I don't believe a movie theater is an appropriate place to crank up a chainsaw. I bemoan the death of common sense. Is there ever a place anymore where one can just go to be entertained and get a break from someone's pet agenda?

It's not "apples and oranges" to someone with the first friggin clue. I take it personally that someone uses the largest possible public event to push PC agendas, thereby helping to stir up racial tensions.

Ah, yes... I was expecting the predictable "racist" label whenever one disagrees with someone of a different race. Such is the refuge of the weak-minded, devoid of an effective argument.

Ted