Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I've owned 4 of them over the years. I don't care for them because they bite my hand badly with either the roweled or spurred hammer to the point that I am bloody every time I shoot one. It, and the Walther PPK series, are the most painful handguns I ever used because of hammer bite.

The factory safety is small and stiff to operate.

The ones I owned had heavy triggers, which I understand are a function of the magazine safety. Personally I don't care for a magazine safety.

The magazine safety also prevented the magazines from dropping free.

I understand that a couple hundred bucks of gunsmithing can solve most of these problems.

Maybe the new HP's are better, but I would never own one again. It was a brilliant design when it was introduced but there are better options today as far as I am concerned.

But lots of folks love them and love makes the world go 'round.

The magazine safety and trigger "issue" can be resolved sitting at your own table in less than one beer's time. Small hammer, drift punch (or the proper sized equivalent), and YouTube. If you can drive a finish nail and tie your own shoes, you can remove the mag disconnect and immediately improve the trigger.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.