Originally Posted by TheKid
it's too badUncle Mikes doesn't offer the Spegel grips any more. BarSto still makes match barrel though I haven't seen one of the newer HiPowers that didntshoot just fine with the issue barrel.

The P35 is still my favorite 9mm and I often wonder why they seem so underappreciated. I know where there are two that have been on the shelf for three years, nobody looks at them and nobody buys them.

IMHO the popularity of the BHP has declined due to the general bias against SA semiautos as CC EDCs. The MKIII BHP design corrects some of the more frequently cited features of the 1911 that complicate the manual of arms for SD EDC - greater capacity, integral MSH, no grip safety, dovetail FS cut, serviceable issue sights.

Craig Spegel makes intermittent runs of his BHP grips - I just got 2 sets in the past year. You just need to call him, get on his list and wind up with beautiful, highly serviceable wood grips by a master.

The MK III BHP issue sights are easily replaced with fixed tritium 3-dots. They may not blend in with the rear of the slide as well as milled-in-place Novak Low Mounts, but they work perfectly well. Magazine disconnector removal is pretty easy and makes a difference both in trigger pull and ease of after market drop free mag SD use.

If you go down the route of replacing internals, C&S, Wolff, Bar-Sto, Garthwaite are good sources, and the sky is the limit.

I like Glocks enough to carry them - now that I figured out how to slim down the grips on the G-29/30 models - and the M&Ps right out of the box suit me, with just a few tweaks.

That admission made, the MKIII BHP is a great pistol - a slimmer, high-cap version of the 1911 that just slips into a good IWB holster. It's just not a polymer framed SF gun.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now