Stick with a MKII or MKIII for a shooter, they have better sights especially the MKIII, and a much more robust extractor. The newest MKIIIs have a cast frame but are in reality the toughest of the breed, you can tell the difference by the lines on the bottom of the grip, forged frames are smooth. Most MKIII guns also come with a good ambi safety already installed if that matter to you. The better finished of the bunch will be the guns made for Browning, not that the Israeli guns or any other police of military ones are inferior function wise after they've been gone through.

Cylinder and Slide make excellent fire control parts like sears and no bite hammers as well as a nice strong side or ambi safeties. Hougue, Herrett, and Spegel thin checkered grips are a nice addition as well and it's too badUncle Mikes doesn't offer the Spegel grips any more. BarSto still makes match barrel though I haven't seen one of the newer HiPowers that didntshoot just fine with the issue barrel.

The P35 is still my favorite 9mm and I often wonder why they seem so underappreciated. I know where there are two that have been on the shelf for three years, nobody looks at them and nobody buys them.

Last edited by TheKid; 02/06/16.