Originally Posted by jwf
Yes, I have found on several sites these two guns with the same model number--quite confusing...luv2safari, that gun at Simpson is one (of many) that I have looked at online; the "slight amount of play" mentioned is what has me worried. I bought a rifle from Simpson's years ago with what was described as "a few pinprick pits" on the barrel--this turned out to be pretty good coverage of one side of the barrel with pitting for over 20" of a 24" barrel, so I am a bit leery of this one. A nice looking rifle to my eyes is the Angelo Zoli, have found several online--anyone have experience with these? I have read that they are the cheaper Zoli, but they do look nice. I really appreciate ALL replies, please keep them coming. Have gotten to the point now that I know a combo will be coming here to live soon, want to be sure I pick a good one. I think its still down to three--A. Zoli, the Ithaca/Tikka hammer gun, Savage 2400, just trying to decide which to pursue.

You have to take what Simpson says is "good" as it's cracked or well worn but still there. grin

They do take guns back readily, but you're out your shipping back, even if they were misrepresented. Last fall I sent an "excellent" Sauer SXS shotgun and a "very good Sauer with only a little movement at the butt stock" back. Both had glaring and obvious problems, but I got two Valmet "412" combo guns that were really 330 series, which I knew going in, and a decent Husqvarva 146 8X57 rifle, all at prices that were about correct.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”