This poor service "chitty" company stuff is absolute 180* away from the three owners of the company and their philosophy. I have always found them to be polite, knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile. If I had had different experiences than I have, I would not now own Maven binoculars.

Now it is pretty obvious one company can't produce binoculars that suit everybody. Nor can one companies policies suit everybody. These guys know they have an uphill battle to establish themselves. In light of that last sentence, I have found them to be willing to take one or two on the chin for the good of their reputation. The chances are high they have taken a few of those they need not have taken.

So the choice is up to you. Go with the new guy or follow a more traditional choice. Up to you, I really don't care. Like any company they have a return policy. Theirs is 15 days. Try it and return it if you don't like it. Try a stock model first. They may well not like having to redo all of your personal options if you customize the glass.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"