I know that cat odor all too well, rich food does not sit well with them. One a similar note, the last cat I owned (actually, it owned me) was pregnant with kittens when it decided to move in. Several weeks after birth of the kittens, we ate at a very nice restaurant where I ordered stuffed lobster not knowing what it was as my dining experience was pretty limited for a 10 year old.

It did not meet my taste expectations and we brought it home in a doggy bag for my mom to eat later. Well, she forgot to put it away and the cats found it.

Not only did we have 7 kittens and one momma cat with a bad case of gas, but we had them all adding to the smell from both ends due to the richness of the food. Almost as bad as cleaning everything up was trying to get the shell parts from the kittens. At their age they were pretty wild and fought like madmen to keep their bounty. I got pretty scratched and bit up over the next week taking shell parts from the kittens but it was necessary as my mom did child care at home and we could not have the kittens clawing the kids.