Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by jetjockey
Ya, but they are a worse problem than coyotes! Then again, you probably haven't seen what they an do to a run of fish. My favorite river to fish growing up has no steelhead left because of "Herschel" the sealion.

Cedar?

I know 20 guys who'd have loved to plant a projectile between Herchell's eyes......

In regards to CO coyotes..... it is also unlawful to shoot them with a pellet rifle, as there's a "method of take" requirement and air rifles are specifically prohibited unless they changed it this year. You can't even legally shoot rabbits with an air rifle in CO. I had a little run-in with a Warden regarding that very thing. He hassled me about my Benjamin .22 Discovery.... so I went back to the truck and came back with a 7 Mag.... as that's "legal" to hunt with.... he didn't think it was funny.

Starlings, Collared Doves, and English House Sparrows are the only species you can legally take with a pellet.

Yep, the Cedar! Grew up in Hobart!

I guess I need to find something quiet enough so the neighbors won't get curious, and the coyotes wont make it off my land..

Last edited by jetjockey; 02/13/16.