I may have the opportunity this fall to head to WY to chase a few antelopes. It is my first time out west other than AR to chase mallards. Anyhow, Ive liquidated most of my rifles since I don't deer hunt much anymore and have 2 no1's(375 H&H and 45/70) and a classic stainless Winchester in 375 H&H as well. I was thinking of taking and old model 94 in the crazy even I got close enough to take one with iron sights. So my longer range options are the 45/70 and the model 70. Really don't want to have to go buy a new rifle, but instead limit myself to a 200-250yd shot. The 45/70 has the advantage if im having to carry it around but the 375 has a larger scope and a little more range.

Was thinking if I went with 45/70 I could try either the 250gr leverevoliton or work up a lightweight bullet handload of some sort. Im shooting 235gr speers in my 375 and they have performed exceptionally well on deer.

Thoughts? Am I really limiting myself by taking either of these routes? Im really going for the experience and the kill is a bonus. My main goal is to connect with the old 30-30.