Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Had killing a "few sheep" with a bow been enough to compare to the P&Y WR I would give it to you...

Getting in bow range with a compound bow is not that difficult, and was far easier even 20 years ago. I believe TR killed his big sheep before '90. The current population is probably 1/4 to 1/3 what it was then...

He was not hunting that specific sheep, but rather stumbled into him on the way out in a snowstorm. That chance encounter "made" him. It certainly was not his writing nor work ethic.

One could argue most guys wouldn't be out in that storm. Kinda goes against the soft imagine you're trying to paint of the guy. But I believe you. So feel free to post up your big sheep pics with a bow. Since it was so easy and you hunted the glory days let's see all those big full curls. One can assume since it was so easy back then and rifle in hand you must have an impressive collection of monster rams. Post them. No excuses!

You can live and hunt in the glory days but still finding big mature animals isn't easy. And record book ones are still rare. That's what makes them special.