Here is the write up by the person who was there and told me the guy is Secret Service. Video doesn't tell the whole story...

Only problem is that it was on camera. The room was chaos at Radford University here in Virginia. Black lives Matters showed up at the protest at the University in rural Virginia. Media has a designated location. They can not leave it unless told otherwise. The media guy did. The agent told him to go back to the media location. The reporter became verbally abusive, then shoved the agent who was standing near the stage where Trump was. The agent has two duties: protect their protectorate and remove any credible threat. He did both that day. There may be complaints about excessive force but even his own reporting company is not backing up the reporter or making a formal complaint. Why? Because the reporter knows he crossed the line by being in an non designated space. By not listening to the agent, the reporter put lives in danger. There was a protest in the room and there was chaos from that. Having a reporter who knows the rules and broke them only escalated the situation. Secret service are law enforcement, and just like any local, state or federal LEOs, they are there to keep safety and order. We cant have it both ways, either the people at these events respect that or there will continue to be outbursts. My life has been preserved on more than one occasion by a federal LEO keeping me from harms way especially in my line of work.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.