I have about 5 AR lowers laying around waiting for a build. One will be a deer/antelope gun for my wife.
What cals are somewhat easy builds on the AR-15 platform. I have 223, 300 Whisper, and 6.5 Grendel. I'm not a fan of the 6.8SPC or the various 45 cals. I could be talked into a WSSM cal of 25 or bigger, but only 1. I might do another Grendel for my wife - unless you guys can give me a better idea. I'm not doing any more 223's.
Wildcats don't frighten me, I just don't want to do 16 steps to get brass formed.

I am disappointed to read this. I though the 6.5 was greatest thing since slice bread. Seriously, I guess, the only way to learn is try new ideas and the Grendel is the fall back.

I agree with the 277. What a stupid idea that was. I mean back in the day. I guess 284 was too big?

Also surprised to see a 375 socom even exists. Why a 375 and not something like a 308 or better yet a 6.5? And will any of these ever be ansi released?

Maybe for the OP, a 6.5 on the 458 socom case. While not cheep, brass is available and probably in line with grendel brass. No dies, I guess. And probably fall under the 16 step plan. But we got s 375 now. Go figure.