This started as a gunshow acquisition from several years ago that turned out to have extra and poorly drilled  holes in the rear bridge under the bases when I got it home. Fixing these holes happens to be one of Mark's specialties and the action work is pure perfection now. The action was completely trued, the bolt and safety timed, raceways cleaned up, trigger job etc. I think the only thing he didn't do was recut the lettering on the action. Barrel is an older #4 contour Mike Rock barrel that I've had since back in the days when Mike was still there. 8.6 twist if I recall correctly. Mark recontoured it just slightly to clean/slick it up and take the lumps out. Chamber was cut based on Mark's recommendations and spec'ed for the 180 VLDs I want to run. Since we had lots of room in the mag box Mark was able to optimize the chamber with the bullets seated well out. Mark also cut a Wilson seating die blank to match the chamber for me.  Everything was ceracoated with a satin midnight blue. Stock is an Echols legend edge fill bedded with flush cups and a red pachmayr pad and then sent back to McMillan for paint. Talleys and a Schmidt 3x12 top it off. Can't wait to get it out and try it.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/