Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
Originally Posted by double tap
As I read elsewhere today, as best I can recall, "The decision to not vote at all is not an act of rebellion, it is an act of submission."

I believe the Republican party has failed it's base, and at this point I could give a rip if the party does implode and tear itself to pieces. It might even be for the best in the long run.

However, I am of the opinion that this election is about the SCOTUS as much as anything else, and I have to believe that any justices nominated by the R side cannot help but be better than any justices nominated by the D side.

The next president (God help us all if it's Hillary) will in all liklihood get to appoint 2 to 3 justices to the SCOTUS. Any nominees by a Dem will shift the court to at least a 6-3 balance in favor of liberal-leaning decisions. Conservative issues will take a beating, including any decisions on the Second Amendment. This is why I will hold my nose and pull the lever for whatever candidate ends up on the Republican ticket.

With that said, even though I'm not a Trump fan in particular, I believe the "will of the people" should be respected. YMMV...

Chris

Since when does the POUS "appoint" SC Justices??? Nominate maybe but definitely not appoint. Pray the Senate doesn't loose its balls!

Okay, you got me, although you might have noticed the following sentence where I refer to nominees. It's a fair bet, though, that a Republican Congress won't be able to stonewall any Democratic president's nominees to the end of their term.

Chris