Make sure you check over your paperwork thoroughlybefore leaving the SAPS office....I heard from our booking agent that one of his clients had an issue with the serial number on his rifle, and he just assumed that they (SAPS) were doing their job correctly....until he had left the building with his firearm and they ran after him and dragged him back. Then the usual shake down occured as to how his rifle wouldn't be allowed in country, but for a small "fee" of $50 it could be corrected quickly. The client knew he was being shaken down and refused to pay, but it took him several hours and dealings with several people to get out of that situation.
Our booking agent informed us to look over our paperwork and make sure that EVERYTHING matched correctly: caliber, serial numbers, etc.
Well, sure enough....before I left I checked and they had the caliber listed wrong on my paperwork for one of my rifles. They had me bringing in two rifles of the same caliber (which is illegal) and I caught that mistake before I even left the office......fortunately, I used the Afton house M&G and the "mistake" was quickly fixed and we were out of there......could have been an innocent mistake, but from what I heard, most of the mistakes in SAPS are not "innocent".

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"