My wife and I returned this past weekend from RSA and KMG safaris. We used Africa Sky as the meet and greet and spent the night there. Gilbert was a Godsend who got us through SAPS with an absolute minimum amount of hassle. The next morning he took us the where we needed to go and again, no problems. Gilbert seems to know all the right people and we were expedited through the usual process. Hunting with KMG was wonderful and I will post on that when I can post pictures. Arriving at O R Tambo was a nightmare trying to get guns luggage etc together. We could not seem to get a straight answer from anyone about where to go and what procedures we needed to follow.
All of a sudden Gilbert appeared from nowhere, helped us get what we needed and get to the right area. He was a Godsend and saved us an immense amount of aggravation and money. Sometimes using a meet and greet has hidden benefits. He is an asset to Africa Sky and a fine man in his own right. I really think sAPS is trying to upgrade the quality of their services and personnel. The officers in Joberg were polite, professional and courteous. When we arrived in PE, all seemed to go well. All the SAPS officer had to do was to stamp our paper work and we would be on our way. The large female officer stamped my paper work and then holding the forms in her hand asked me for a tip. I took my paper work and asked if she wanted a good tip? She nodded and I told her to buy low and sell high and walked out. In retrospect that may not have been a good idea but I refuse to pay a tip or bribe to a public servant for doing their jobs! Porsche73

It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do.