Hey everyone,

I am considering my first McMillan stock purchase, and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger...so to speak.

I'm looking for a stock to put on my Winchester EW SS Model 70 in .308. I like the Bell and Carlson stock it currently wears, except that the grip angle is open/shallow enough that I have a really hard time getting good purchase on the stock when shooting (maybe I have bad wrist mobility?). I'm primarily a bowhunter, but when I do hunt with a rifle, this is my one platform for big game. It is used for everything from antelope in the plains to backpack hunting for elk in rugged mountains. I'm 6'4", 195#, have larger than average (but not huge) hands, and have a thin face.

I am initially most attracted to the McMillan Hunter for the closed grip angle, monte carlo comb, cheekpiece, and some cast off. It looks like a bit much though, and I'm concerned it wouldn't be that handy to carry, which leads me to the other contenders. The Pre-64 Monte Carlo or the Supergrade. They look more svelte but I'm concerned I would be back in the same boat as I am with the Bell and Carlson regarding grip angle.

Which would you recommend??

Thanks in advance,
Mark