Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by BT99
Had one a few years ago and had constant feeding problems.
Had one problem too many and it left town.

That was one of the big problems with them and the reason I traded mine for a model 94.

That's what everybody seems to keep saying anyway. I've owned three. My first one I bought in 1967 and my son now owns it. I have had two since then and still own one that has found its final resting place. I have always regretted selling the one I don't own anymore, but a friend bought it and he isn't will ing to talk about selling it back.

I have shot tons of reloads as well as all different kinds of factory ammunition in these things and never had a feeding problem with them. I have a brother that has two and have never heard of any feeding problems with them either. Kind of hard to figure…

Evidently some of them have been prone to feeding problems like the two y'all have had experience with and others seem to work fine. That might be the reason that Marlin decided to stop making them and switched to the 94 which was designed to handle short cartridges. Given the chance, I'd buy another one tomorrow and never look back.

Harry