I realize I could be chasing a handful of possible issues

1987 Ford Ranger 2.9

Basically my run around fishing/hunting truck, maybe put 500-700 miles on it a year.

Started to occasionally last year studder/die for a moment after being warmed up. You could drive it all day and it wouldn't do anything and the next time 10-15 minutes into whatever trip you were on it would do it. Might happen once or twice and not happen again.

Started to increase in frequency, but still pretty irregular.

Yesterday it was fine in the AM, got to work (9 miles away). Had to make a field visit (reason I took the truck) and it was pretty bad after I started to head back.

Than it didn't miss a beat for 20 miles and got really bad. It's a manual, so I left it in gear and it finally picked up again.

Did what I had to do, headed back and missed maybe one time really lightly.

Think I changed the plugs on it a handful of years ago (not many miles). Wires are old, but in decent shape. Cap/rotor were changed last year.

Wondering what to start with first? Thinking maybe the fuel pump(s). Dread that thought on a 29 year old MN vehicle. Would probably pull the box off, figuring that would be easiest.

Any other thoughts opinions. Kind of partial to this thing, my dad bought it new and I really like it for a beater but hate to start throwing a bunch of money at it.

Sorry for the long read....

Thanks

Life is just one damned thing after another