I've been using the standard Bohning fletching jigs for about 25 years or maybe longer? I've fletched an amazing amount of arrows during that time. I was never really happy with the way it worked, but it was more or less the industry standard tool.

Today on an whim, I bought an Arizona Easy fletch tool. WOW

I'll never use this old one fletch at a time clamp system EVER again! I wonder how many hours of my life I've lost fighting with the Bohning system when I could have been using this Arizona clamp design?

If you have ever considered fletching your own arrows, it's a simple effortless process with the Arizona EZ fletch product. A few suggestions though, keep your fletching glue in the fridge when your not using it. I have found that over time the drying process or the speed that the cement sets up gets longer and longer after it's opened unless it's kept refrigerated.

The next thing, get a bottle of acetone. You should use this to wipe down the jig after each set of fletchings. It will dissolve the cement and prevent any buildup. Plus it will stop the fletchings from sticking to the jig too. Just use it on a Qtip or cotton ball.

Another thought for brand new un-fletched arrows, use some fine 600 grit sand paper to rub the shaft a bit where the fletching will go, and then wipe it of with denatured alcohol. This will get the glue to adhere better.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)