Bullets matter more than headstamps and if building...ALWAYS build around THE bullet. Poor poor stupid fhuqking Shrap' wouldn't know if Christ was Crucified,or died of the schits and few "know" less about bullets.

The OEM Big Green SAAMI 243Win in issued guise,will of course do it all and then some. They are twisted/throated right for 105's and have the COAL to arrange VERY nice thangs. I'd simply feed it some Hornie 105HPBT's and heed the reality of being fresh outta excuses,with the newfound splendors inherent.

A 6x MQ would go without saying...just sayin'. Zero'd at 250yds(+2.2" at 100yds),the windshield grants 1160yds of opportunity. 1500yds is but 4.3 Mils,so lotsa elbow room remains there,in a 10MPH full value condition. With 'Horn rings in a 2pc affair,60MOA+ of inclination is easily arranged,which will toss better than 35Mils in the erector.

Tough to beat a DBM for Giggles Utility and the increase in both COAL and capacity,do not compromise fun.

So rather than chase rainbows,I'd always rather start wearing out barrels of merit,that are twisted/throated to grant copious potential.

While I've had herds of 'em,I'm no great fan of the SAAMI 22-250,beings it's such a poor design,leaving so much potential on the table. While 8" is the ticket in .224",it's tough to swoon a 8" SAAMI 22-250.

1-8" Mike Rock VS contoured 20" SAAMI 22-250 in an A5,Badger M4,Reupold MK4 M3 3.5-10x(they suck too),yada,yada,yada.

[Linked Image]

I'd much rather gun a 8" 223 or better yet 223AI(foreground),than a SAAMI 22-250 in ANY twist rate. Awaken the Dragon and a fast twist 22-250AI is assuredly a wicked sonofabitch,if only because I've a few of them too.

Heavy Hart...fast twist 22-250AI,numbers matching M40A1 return,Badger ring/rail,Reupold Mk4 M1 16x,yada,yada,yada. I flog on a Kreiger 1-7.7" in a Classic too.

[Linked Image]

Given the info cited,the OEM 243Win STEALS the fhuqking show and it ain't even fhuqking close. "Trouble" is,the OP is already there and that obvious is too much.(grin)

Double Trouble,because it'll flog on a Bob and Better Bob to boot. Not that it's very difficult to slap a Quarterbore around. Hint.

DBM's inlet easily.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

MQ's smoke MD's...though even a Fixed Fhuqker MD soundly trumps most efforts.

Do a Sig LRF,6x MQ and DBM on the 243 in your mitts.

Thank me later,though it's easy for me to say,mainly because I've got 'em all.

Hint........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."