Originally Posted by bangeye
Not with standing the background issue I had a shot under similar lighting a several years ago at a deer walking past my stand. I picked an opening in the trees for line of fire and touched one off when he stepped into it. I had been reading about shooting in low light though I had never done it . When the rifle went off I was immediately blinded by the muzzle flash to a point it took me a good 30 minutes sitting there in the blind to regain my vision enough to climb down. I heard him shuffle off to my left but didn't see a reaction to the shot etc. I finally got down and by then it was getting much lighter but I never did find any blood ,hair or the deer. I saw spots for the rest of the day. So no I wouldn't shoot when it's that dark even though it's legal time.

Very good point about Muzzle Flash. This is why I would never own another handgun with a compensator. I just might have need to make a second shot in low light conditions in order to successfully defend my own person.

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.