Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Calvin
How much of a sales tax are we talking about? When you start putting guided hunts and guided fishing trips into the equation, then you talking real numbers that could have an effect on whether or not a person books. Not to mention those people investing in their businesses now have to pay a state sales tax on top of a city sales tax on new equipment purchased? That starts to really add up.

We need to be pro growth, pro business, and pro jobs.

25,000 moose hunt, 6% is 1500 extra dollars. If I had 25000, 1500 would not bother me.

BUT IIRC high dollar things get lower taxes don't they?

FWIW we pay state and city sales tax here every day and have figured out how to make it work. Most places do.

Not at all happy about it, but I still say I'd much rather eveyrone pay, than some select few... like how much property tax I've paid to school districts and the wife and I have never had a single child and never will.... thats unfair.

That's a pretty big chunk of change.

I guess I am sour against taxing the tourists because I hear the same guys (in real life, not on the internet) bitching and moaning how everybody else should pick up the bill for their lifestyle. They bitch how the tourists are killing all the deer and catching all the fish. But, when the subject of taxes come up, they are all for taxing the crap out of the tourists so they don't have to pay a tax. Doesn't make any sense to me.