Originally Posted by jt402
I'm the caretaker of a pre-war Model 70 .270 that was originally purchased by a family friend and has been in the family since 1960-62. The rifle is well used, no rust, padded and drilled (by original owner). Collector value has been lovingly used up.

I'm thinking of freshening this old lady up and loosing some weight in the process, as a pass down to grandson. If I run across a FW barrel, will it fit? With a good synthetic stock, barrel, and bottom metal, grandson and great grandson, can likely get another 65 years out of it.

Thanks,

Jack

Yep, a fwt barrel will fit, but good luck finding a fwt 270 barrel. The guy on ebay pulled his head out of his azz or was told by someone how rare the 270 fwt barrels are, so he pulled the ad. You can also have a classic 270 fwt barrel installed or a custom barrel with a fwt contour installed. Throw everything in a McMillan stock and you will be good to go.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA