Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Those are some damn nice specimens Don. One of these days I'd like to get a first year model 70 and maybe even a model 54, just for chits and giggles.. I have a local guy here who is into collecting model 70's, he's been waving a couple real nice clean 300 magnums under my nose. Hoping I'll bite laugh. One is a super clean 300 win mag and the other a like new in the box 300 H&H. The H&H is awfully tempting..

Mr BSA, You will not understand the difference in the RAP of the 300 win mag VS the push of 300 H&H.
I shot one then the other and could not understand the real reason!The pollen is killing me down here today but maybe the 2" longer barrel of the H&H played a role or the shape of the brass? My pre 64 ,300 win mag is staying and Ive moved 2 out of 4 others BUT its more from a collector standpoint, the 300 win mag is a kicking SOB! Period and Im not recoil adverse come the real shot vs paper. the very best winpoor

I've shot the 300 H&H in a sweet azzed pre 64 model 70, so I am well aware of how the 300 win mag wants to tear your head off and make your arm and hand go numb while the 300 H&H feels more like a gentle nudge. It reminds me a lot of the 300 WSM in recoil pulse. The 300 win mag does not. The 300 win mag reminds me of a big bully that wants to pound the living chit out of you. Is that kind of what you were getting at???

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA