It does indeed - does it extend through the wood to the inside of the stock? If so, my approach is different. I would Dremel along the crack from the inside making a "trench" staying well clear of the outside of the stock. Extend the groove one diameter of the groove past the end of the crack. Fill the groove with reinforced epoxy bedding compound. Be sure the wood is well wetted with epoxy, you can't just pour it in and expect the best bond. Then work on the exterior surface. You have sufficient strength inside the stock so the exterior repair can be cosmetic only.

The idea is to relieve stress and replace a possibly weak area of the stock with a stronger material well bonded to good wood - make it stronger than it was.

Finally figure out why it cracked in the first place and address that. Keep in mind that wood tends to shrink over time, the bedding may need to be relieved. For instance in the first picture the mag box may be too tight. In the second the tang may be causing a stress riser into the wrist. For the tang I'd probably drill into the wrist (from the inside) and epoxy in a piece of carbon arrow shaft. Prettier and more effective than any pinning job.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.