Ingwe: Indeed the Wagon Wheel "usually" has excellent breakfast's and their lunch buffet with their homemade soup's (two types per day) and salad is VERY hard to beat.
WyoCoyotehunter: We ate just tonight at the "Old Hotel Restaurant" there in Twin Bridges and the Hawaiian owner and his wife serve gourmet type meals that are just flat outstanding.
Two of us tonight had the Mahi Mahi with hazelnut crust and rice with miso sauce and they both raved about that. My Gopher/Elk Hunting partner had rack of lamb with a dark sauce that was superb (I ate a small portion) and I had the 14 ounce (always on the small menu) Ribeye steak (that was just world class!) with Hollandaise sauce (paste!), asparagus and a dish of twice baked potatoes that I just inhaled!
Between courses our palates were refreshed with a homemade Blueberry sourbet that I wish had never ended!
(I don't sound like a Kansas City [bleep] do I?).
Also on the small menu was Cornish Game Hen roasted in a special sauce that the accompanying diners just raved about and another entree selection of a shrimp dish of which I forget the details.
Anyway this place is worth the dollars for dinner - they do a Sunday brunch but not breakfasts during the week - its right across the street from the Wagon Wheel by the way.
I have never had dinner at the Wagon Wheel though to date.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy