Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by bwinters
I'm passing all urine through a strainer with mesh so fine the liquid doesn't flow right through it - there's zero chance something is passing through. I had no pink urine after the procedure, no sand or other particles, nothing. I'm thinking I have an intact stone and a bruised kidney......

This is a guess, but if there's no pink urine, that probably means the stone was hung up in the upper ureter and that's where they blasted it. Usually, if they had to whack the kidney with Litho, you'd be peeing tomato soup for a day or two. When it's in the ureter, they probably don't hit it as many times as they do when it's in the kidney, so they might have just broken it up into a few pieces instead of sand. That means you might have a few pieces of 2mm-3mm stone to get rid of, and that might take some time. Even though they're smaller, they still catch on the way down and take their sweet time..

I've had them take weeks to make their way down the ureter, some take days. Every stone is different.

It was in my kidney - I saw the CT scan. It was stuck at the kidney- ureter junction. I was told to expect blood/pink urine. I got neither. Curiously the pain is mostly gone. A very dull lower backache on the left side.

I'll call tomorrow to see what the good news is. I'm sure it will be great......

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.