When I was a kid in the mid 60's, gas was $.32/gal, gold was $35.00/ounce and 22 Ammo was $.50/box of 50. Today everyone bitches that gold isn't high enough and that gas and 22 Ammo is too expensive.

Minimum wage was around $1.25 and a box of 22 ammo cost the equivalent of about 22 minutes of work. I wasn't making minimum wage then, I had a paper route, and didn't make anywhere near minimum wage but I saved my money all winter and bought all the 22 Ammo I could so I could shoot gophers all summer.

Gas cost the ridiculous amount of nearly 15 minutes of that same minimum wage. Today at $2.20/gallon, gas is about the same minutes against minimum wage. I am not making minimum wage anymore, maybe someone else is, but at $65.00/brick (which people just won't pay) it is still less minutes to earn than when I was a kid.

I was either lucky or smart, but I kept buying 22 ammo when it was under $10.00/brick and continued that practice for several decades as I knew it wouldn't stay that way forever. I still have cases of it and will probably never shoot it all up. If I didn't have any, I would go buy some if I wanted and forget about the old days when candy bars were a nickel and cigarettes were 25 cents a pack...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]