Yesterday afternoon I made it out to fire form some more brass and test a load for my new Shiloh 44-77 SBN I had re-barreled by John King. After testing these first formed loads I believe there is no point in further experimenting!
This group was fired from the bench with a 8X scope at 300 yards. After placing the MVA sight back on the rifle I did get it zeroed to 3,4,5 and 6 hundred yards.hope it carries on to a 1K in the same fashion.
First shot hit the very right edge of the target, the remaining hits were after adjusting left, the top three were one minute elevation adjustment. Two wet patches and one dry between shots.
[Linked Image]

The specifics.
Green Mountain 17 twist #4 barrel and the chamber is strictly for a bore size patched bullet.Transition from case mouth to bore is 25 degrees 25 thousands long.
Bore slugs at .437, bullet diameter is .431 and patched bullets measure .4365-.4370 that have the slightest of resistance when sliding into the bore.

Fire formed load.
500 grain pure lead swaged bullet,Captech brass, 90 grains Olde Eynsford 2X powder with a .060 wad compressed to a depth of .180 and a CCI BR2 primer. Fired case requires no resizing, patched bullet slip fits snugly.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by nathanial; 04/26/16.