Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Trump could win my vote easily.

1) Drop the legalization of all undocumented aliens
2) GUARANTEE RIGHT NOW that Cruz or Lee or another arch-Constitutionalist will be nominated for Supreme Court
3) Drop the idea of nuclear proliferation to Japan, South Korea, Germany, etc.

Given those, I could tolerate a Trump presidency until he gets impeached. grin grin grin

Per 1) WTF do you think a damned wall and his positions on deportations is about?
Per 2) he's already said the Federalist Society will be who he meets with to choose the SCOTUS nominee. That's as good as it gets and better than making a political statement to promise Cruz or Lee the post.
Per 3) Not familiar with that one.

1) The wall is about stopping FUTURE illegals. His constantly stated position from day 1 is that all illegals here NOW have to leave, and then get to come right back legally with work permits (and social benefits and all the rest).
*** I cannot vote for a Republican who is pushing what amounts to Amnesty. Give them work permits now, and some other president in the next 10 years will give them citizenship.

2) He's said he would have the Federalist Society suggest names. I want the name RIGHT NOW of who he wants to nominate, not just a promise that he'll have somebody advise him on it.

3) As part of his wanting to withdraw troops from around the world because we can't afford it, he has stated repeatedly that countries like Japan and South Korea should get the bomb to protect themselves from China once we withdraw. This means Germany as well to protect themselves from Russia. Then we get to China's allies to protect them from the US allies. Then we get to Russia's allies to protect themselves. Etc, etc.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com