Originally Posted by Whelenman
Steve

I just ordered mime. Hopefully I can manage it, my right side is kind of weak, "stroke"

Thanks Denny Andersen

Denny, I don't think you'll have any problem running this call. For most sounds you hold the box very lightly. If you contact the little finger of your right hand (holding the box) with the little finger of your left hand) holding the strikerboard, you will be able to keep the amount of pressure consistent. Then just draw the box along the strikerboard with the lip of the soundboard in contact with it. If you have the box angled correctly you should get a nice light purr. From there, it's just a matter of getting used to varying the strokes to get the sounds you want. The fighting purr will probably be the most difficult for you, but it's the most difficult for everyone.

Got your order and the package is ready to ship. I'll deliver it to the post office tomorrow.

Thanks, and all the best,
Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt