Originally Posted by bangeye
I always liked the old TV trusty side kick names

Festus
Barney
Jingles
Pete
Boo boo

Festus...uggghh. To show how weird the freakin world is, when I was finishing up my second Bachelor's degree at the University of South Florida, I was informed that I was 'required' to take an African History course. This annoyed me, but the worst was yet to come.

The professor was Festus Ohaegbulam, the Chairman of the African and African American Studies Department. This clown was from Nigeria, and I guess his parents musta liked Gunsmoke or something, I dunno. But I do know this...with absolute certainty...he was the most racist professor I ever crossed paths with.

He was kinda like Obama..."everything is George W.'s fault". Ohaegbulam thought that everything wrong in Africa was the fault of Europeans and their colonialism, even the things that occurred after the Europeans left and the former colonies were ruled by indigenous black rulers, many of whom were corrupt and abused their own people.

At the end of the course, when the ratings forms were passed around, he was excoriated by the entire class, including me. I've never seen an entire class hammer a prof like that. Shortly thereafter, he ceased to be the chairman of that department.

Oh, and did I mention that he had a horrid accent that made it an ordeal to try to figure out what the hell he was saying? Yeah, he did.

Last edited by DELGUE; 04/28/16.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~