Well, this may be decided.

I had been just reading down a list of dog names, and everyone in the house liked "Milo". I wasn't into it much, until I took my 5yr old lab hunting on a bird hunting preserve (short 6 chukar hunt to finish out the "season"). We were working a strip of cut sorghum, and I remembered that sorghum is also called milo. That and the pup is a yellow/red lab, so the sorghum stalk/seed colors will be similar to the dog. And since upland hunting is about over here anymore...if I want to shoot birds, I gotta pay to play on a preserve, which plants a lot of milo........the pup will be in milo fields a lot.

So...I think it may be Milo.

I don't want to absolutely say that's it till I get to meet the pup and see if something else leaps out at me, but I'm sort of leaning that way now.

My oldest daughter figured out that the pup was born on Thomas Jefferson's birthday. She thought Jefferson would be nice, but it's too long, and I don't like Jeff for short. I thought of Independence and Indy for short, but once I thought on it for a bit, I just was "meh" about all that.

If I file his papers to register him, though, I'm sure I'll have to come up with some sort of unique name for him, though. I never bothered with my other labs, as they were all neutered/spayed, and no breeding would be happening, so I didn't see the point.