I'd get a second opinion on the choke installation . Here's Brownell's take on bore diameters etc.

Before accepting a barrel for machining to accept screw-in chokes, you must measure the outside diameter (O.D.) to determine
if there will be sufficient wall thickness after machining. “Mike” the O.D. of the barrel and the O.D. of the tap for the particular
gauge.

Subtract the O.D. of the tap from that of the barrel, divide by 2, and this will give the wall thickness after machining,
providing the O.D. of the barrel is concentric with the inside diameter (I.D.). A sample calculation appears below.
Barrel O.D. (12 Gauge) .850"
Tap O.D. (12 Gauge) Win-Choke™ – .814"
.036" ÷ 2 = . 018" Wall Thickness

We DO NOT recommend installations in barrels where the resultant wall thickness will be less than .015", providing the I.D. of
the barrel is concentric with the O.D. If the I.D. is not concentric with the O.D., you will have to make your own decision as to
whether the installation will be safe.

In addition, you CANNOT install screw-in chokes in barrels whose inside diameters (I.D.)
exceed the following dimensions:

10 ga. - .780";
12 ga. - .735";
12 ga. Thinwall - .728";
16 ga. - .666";
20 ga. - .624".

Exceeding these dimensions WILL CAUSE DAMAGED CHOKE TUBES and there is a GREAT POSSIBILITY OF CAUSING A BARREL BLOW-OUT! Check EVERY installation before firing to make sure the tube does not protrude into the bore. Back-bored or jug-choked barrels
are usually NOT suitable for screw-in choke installation.

http://www.brownells.com/UserDocs/Miscellaneous/Screwinchokeinstallation.pdf

Another solution for a shortened barrel is to Poly Choke it. These were common in my youth and they work as advertised. IMO they probably throw more consistent patterns than your typical factory-produced screw-in tube.

http://polychokes.com/

I kind of in the same boat you are Humdinger. I've got a sweet old Browning Light 12 and I'd like to have a shorter barrel for it. But I want that short barrel to have some choke. The 28" vent rib barrel on it shoots so good I'll never chop it... so I'm at the mercy of the Barrel Ferengis. If I can find a beater under $150 I'll bob it at 20" & probably just have it polychoked.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ