Originally Posted by CraigG
Maybe this will help. With my 41 MOS and RMR 06, I ordered the standard trijicon suppressor sights. The front measures 0.350 from the top of the slide, the rear measures 0.375 from the top of the slide, but is a little hard to get exact, as the top of the rear slopes to the front.

With my 45acp and Super loads, this gives me a 25 yard zero for the most part with irons, and the red dot rests on top of the sights, perfectly. This alignment is right at the lower third line, in the RDS window.

I am running the factory MOS plate, and trijicon sealing plate, no shims needed. I cannot see the rmr sight body in the bottom of the notch, at all.

Just throwing this out for anyone reading who may not realize. The RMR is parallax free for the most part, at typical ranges. And the dot does not need to be centered in the glass window to poa/poi. The irons should work on their own for your zero, and the dot can be a little above or below the front sight.

For the RMR with sights, and if the sights are going to be the expensive trijicon nights sights, if I were worried about not getting the correct front: Buy the NS rear that clears the rmr body. Use the factory front sight on the gun with your load. Align sights shoot for target, measure the height (certainly going to be high) of hits above target. Use sight calculator to determine how high the front needs to be.

Craig

Very helpful, thanks Craig!

Absent any RMR failure, followed by need to have BUIS that can be used through the window.....I mostly need the co-witness sights to aid tracking the red dot between shots while recovering from recoil. When I drive the red dot pistol out from the draw, I have no issue picking up a standard height front sight, no different than driving the gun out without RMR red dot. The pistol is driven out, I pick up the front sight, and then the window follows, and the dot is THERE. But, when running and gunning, recovering from recoil between shots, I at times can lose the dot, without having a fixed sight high enough to track in the lower portion of the sight window. But, I don't want the sights too tall so to clutter up the window. Just high enough to pick up in the bottom.

Another question:

If your .375"/.350" suppressor sights are tall enough to clear the bottom of the rear notch above the RMR body, how much lower do you think they could go, while still being able to align the tops??

Thanks again smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 05/05/16.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood